Friday, May 25, 2012

A Few More ...

I wanted to show you a few more projects I did using the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist papers that Tammi sent us. My daughter Amory is all about butterflies and the colors pink and purple. Although she says her favorite color is sparkle (girl after my own heart!). So I knew that I needed to make something for her room with the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist paper.
I fund these candle holder/wall sconces and one of my favorite thrift stores and I bought them on Wednesday so they half off! I also bought two drawer pulls from Hobby Lobby. How are these things going to make a coat hook might you ask?

Like this! I removed the mirror and mod podged paper onto them and put it back in. I removed all of the hardware from the drawer pulls and glued (E6000 adhesive) the drawer pulls into the candleholder. A little bling on the butterflies and flowers and we are done!
I did make two but they are exactly the same and I didn't want to bore you!

Next up I made a summer fun basket for Amory. On the first full day of summer after they get out of school I leave them a little treat - I will show you Priscilla's next week! Target clearance to the rescue! Everything - basket and all this project cost $2.00! The basket was a leftover from Easter at 90% off and all the craft supplies were in the dollar section at 70% off!
I took this basket and

created this! I replaced the broken handle with 26 guage wire wrapped in ribbon. And then I covered the sad and half wiped away lamb with My Mind's Eye Lime Twist paper, diecut, and a sticker.
I think Amory will love it!
 

Thank you for stopping by!
Kristin
Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment