Monday, July 2, 2012


Hello! This is Ginni Gass. I’m one of the My Scraps & More Design Team members but this is my first time posting on the blog. I’m filling in for Tammi because unfortunately her father passed away this weekend after a brief illness. We all extend our extreme sympathy and sadness at her loss.

Did you know that the My Scraps Got Talent II contest is still going??? If you haven’t checked out the challenges, you have until August 17 to complete them so there’s still PLENTY of time to play! One of the challenges is to use a sketch by Kristine Davidson which was created just for this contest. Here's the sketch -





I LOVED this sketch and had great fun with it! I used the cut-away piece from my circle on another page which you can see here –

Here's my version of the sketch. The picture is of my grandson Garrett last summer as he emerged from his first experience with the ocean. He wasn't too sure he liked it! LOL


Materials – Patterned papers, Chipboard, Stickers – Fancy Pants “Wave Surfer” from the My Scraps & More Store; Punch – Kreaxions #310; Star Template - Kreaxions; Grungeboard Letters – Ranger; Paints – Making Memories; Epoxy Stickers – MOD Designs; Ribbon – Target; Pen – Sharpie

To see how I created the star at the bottom check out my post on the Just Imagine/Kreaxions blog on June 26. Here’s the link - http://www.justimaginecrafts.typepad.com/ The swirls around the circle and the chevrons at the bottom are leftover pieces from the punches on the star.

So be sure to come and play along with us at the My Scraps Got Talent contest! Be sure to tell them I sent you! And if you need some new papers and embellishments to play with be sure to check out the My Scraps & More Store! Tammi’s got some AWESOME choices there and she’s usually quite fast in shipping too!

I hope you've enjoyed this project today! Happy Scrapping! DT Member Ginni Gass

1 comment :