Saturday, April 20, 2013

Laid Back with Simple Stories

Hey there, scrappy friends!  Missy here with you today to share a page I created using the new Vintage Bliss line from Simple Stories.  Have you ever opened up a new collection of papers and just sat and stared at it?  Were you so overwhelmed with how pretty it was that you didn't know where to start?  You probably didn't want to actually cut the papers just yet because they're all just so beautiful :)  That was me with this collection!  I had to stalk it for a while...look at it and admire it...and then decide which papers to use where.  I finally dug in, and I'm so glad I did!

Here's my page.  I used a circle mask and some modeling paste to created some texture on the wood grain paper, and then I just moved the same mask and used some mist to add some color.  I layered up several patterned papers and added a yellow flower from my stash.  One thing I love about SS lines is how so many things are so easy to just cut and use, like that big journaling banner.


I used my Cameo to cut this piece and the pink matting behind my photo.  I love those arrows!


I hate throwing anything away, so I used the arrows that were cut out on my page, too.


This really is a fun line to play with...and there are more lines from Simple Stories available in the store HERE if this one is too girly for you.  I don't have any boys, so it's all girly stuff for me :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Don't forget to stop in on Monday for our Spring into Summer Blog Hop, and then next Friday begins a super fun Crop!

2 comments :

  1. This is beautiful! I love this line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do know what you mean! I truly do like Simple Stories collections and in your layout I can see so many textures, colors, and elements I want to try!

    ReplyDelete