Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Grungy Rainbow layout :)

Hey there, My Scraps fans!  Missy here today.  Have you ever created a page that you just loved?  Well, that is the case for me with this layout.  I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it actually turned out exactly like I had planned in my head!  That almost never happens.  I love to surf different blogs, and I found a sketch on the ScrapFriends site.  It jumped out at me, so I decided to give it a go...I really loved the chevron arrows.  

I created this for this week's Throwback Thursday challenge, which is where you use products that are least one year old.  I also challenged members to use at least three different manufacturers / collections.  I grabbed a bag off my shelf and challenged myself to use whatever was inside.  It contained some Hip Hip Hurray from Pebbles, Emma's Shoppe from Crate Paper and For the Record & This and That from Echo Park.  

My background is Echo Park.  I remember when I first got this collection, I was scared to use that bordered background.  Well, now I just grabbed it immediately and started grunging it up.  I used a fine lined mask and modeling paste and criss-crossed the lines.  Then I used an arrow/chevron mask and added more paste.  Then I went for the inks and just started spraying and splattering.  I added random stamping everywhere and some washi tapes.


You can see the effects of the paste here.  I also distressed my chevrons that I cut from various patterned papers.  I wanted a rainbow effect, and all those colors were in my "random" stuff bag!


Emma's Shoppe chipboard shapes matched up perfectly!  You can also see where I stamped with some reddish-colored ink.

I had this die-cut butterfly from another project.  I inked and stamped on him and then added a pot dot to make him stand out.  I just love how my pasted lines and arrows turned out...LOVE the texture!!


More chipboard and stickers!


I highly challenge you to pull some old stuff off your shelves and make something with it!  I have a bad habit of leaving collections in the bags they come in...and then months later, I find it and wonder what's in there....haha.  And it's fun to combine collections!  That's what makes it a true "challenge."  

So come join us on our boards...there's a challenge like this every Thursday!

Have a GREAT day!

Missy :)

6 comments :

  1. This is an awesome page!! Love how colorful it is and how your photo still takes center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout! I love the grunge, there's so much color and texture too, just keep staring at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently saw that sketch and pinned it! I'll probably try it at some point. I love what you did with it. There's always so many things to look at on your LO's. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool! LOVE your grungy rainbow! Great way to challenge yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow colors with all the textures! Cool and FUN page.

    ReplyDelete