Sunday, September 1, 2013

Member of Month

We have such a great group of ladies who join us over on the message board.  We chat about our lives and our love of scrapbooking as well as inspire each other with our creations.  We decided we needed to start showcasing some of these fabulous members.  We are are going to start each month honoring one of our special message board ladies as our member of the month.  You will get to know them a little better, see some of their fabulous work, and just for being our member of the month they will get an extra draw for the end of the month main prize.

The first fabulous lady we have chosen as member of the month is long time member Brenda!  

Here is a bit about Brenda.

I live in SW Ohio, in a semi-small town about 25 miles from Cincinnati. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 38 years and we have two grown children and two grandchildren. I work full time as a sales analyst so most of my scrappy time comes around on the weekends.

About 16 years ago I was watching "Craft Day" on QVC, when I saw a Creating Keepsakes segment with Lisa Bearnson. Since I've always been the family shutterbug, scrapbooking just seemed like the perfect hobby for me, so I ordered a couple of things, picked up a few scrapping magazines and got started. I had no idea how this hobby would evolve and lead into stamping, cardmaking, mixed media and accumulating a ton of scrappy supplies along the way, LOL!

My scrappy style tends toward the clean and simple, with a preference for multi-photo pages. Some of my favorite items to use on a page are buttons, twine, stitching and stamping. I like to try new techniques, and really enjoy all the challenges on My Scraps & More because they encourage me to get out of my comfort zone a little.

I would love for you to come and visit my blog at www.brendasscrappyblog.blogspot.com/

Five things you might not know about me:
I love reading, especially mysteries and WWII history
Fall is my favorite season
My favorite vacation place is Walt Disney World - love everything Disney!
One of my "bucket list" goals is to visit every state in the U.S. (18 down, 32 to go)
Christmas is my favorite holiday and I usually start working on cards and ornaments in July

Now take a look at some of the amazing creations Brenda has shared with us.

10 comments :

  1. Congratulations Brenda on being chosen! It is so nice to be able to get to know more about people who you feel like you know on the boards. Love this great new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being a part of My Scraps & More Brenda! I loved learning more about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your bio, Brenda, and have always enjoyed seeing your projects in the gallery! Congrats on Member of the Month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Brenda, loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love having you at My Scraps & More Brenda! Congrats on Member of the Month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Brenda!!!! wonderful work and sooo excited to have you as the member of the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea!Great to meet Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Brenda!!
    So nice to read a bit more about you!!
    Your pages and card are amazing!

    ReplyDelete