Saturday, September 21, 2013

She's a Natural

Happy Saturday, My Scraps fans!  Missy here with you today that I designed for last week's Word Up Wednesday challenge over on our message boards.  The word was ADVENTURE.  I was so excited to use the new Wild & Free collection from Glitz!  It's available in the store right HERE

One of the patterned papers has a multi-colored watercolor look to it.  It inspired me to try and create my own background similar to it.  So I pulled out my paints and got creative.  I tried something new this time...I got out a piece of plastic kitchen wrap (like Saran wrap) and spread it out.  I squirted a few dabs of paint in random places.  Then, I sprayed water over them and mixed them around with a brush.  Then I took my white cardstock and laid on top of the plastic wrap and pressed my hand all over it.  When I removed the paper, this is what was there!  I dried each color with my heat tool before doing the next color.  The more colors I used, the more I could see what area of my paper needed color where, so I eventually would just stick the corner of the paper to the plastic wrap just to get a specific color in a specific spot.  VERY easy technique, and as you can see, it makes for a GREAT and colorful background!

And I think the key to keeping your paper from warping is to hold it in your hand while you heat dry it.  I was constantly holding it from different angles as I was drying it, and it never really warped or folded.

This photo is of my sweet little Paige a few years ago, riding horses at school.  She loved it then, and she still does :)  I love this striped die-cut horse in the collection...perfect for this page!


There are a lot of alpha stickers in this collection...they're a perfect match!


The arrows are so fun...I had to restrain myself from using all of them on this one page!


I just love this watercolor look...the colors turned out so pretty, I think.


I'm really loving outlining things on my pages lately.

That's it for today!  I hope you come and join us on our boards...lots of fun going on!  Thanks so much for visiting us today...and have a wonderful weekend!

Missy :)

2 comments :

  1. I love, love, love the watercolor effect that you made....awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, great idea, love how that background turned out!

    ReplyDelete