Saturday, December 28, 2013

Laughing & Smiling with Pebbles

Happy Saturday, friends!  It's Missy here with you today.  The page I'm sharing here is one I created for last week's Mix it Up Monday challenge.  The rules were to use vellum, use flowers, use a pre-made title and to tear at least one piece of paper.  I have been wanting to use the new From Me To You line from Pebbles, and this was the perfect page for it!

It's interesting about the piece of paper on the left...I created it with a template, modeling paste and Color Shines months ago.  I made it with the intentions of using it on another layout.  It didn't work the way I wanted it to, but I loved how this part looked, so I kept it.  When I pulled out this Pebbles line, I noticed that it matched perfectly.  I had to incorporate it somehow on this page!  It looks like I made it specifically for this line, but I didn't.  Funny how things like that happen sometime.


I added some floss under my title layer, and I also added some of the coordinating chipboard flowers on top.


A button adds a bit of interest, and this cute little word piece is a necklace charm.  I found a big bag of them at Michael's...they add the perfect touch to a page!


Another angle of flowers, buttons and word charms.
 

I love vellum!  I made a boo-boo though...I used my tape gun and now you can see the tape through the vellum.  I really need to get one of those large staplers that can staple anywhere on the page!


And a close-up of my modeling paste piece...I just love how the Color Shine dries on top of the paste.  What a cool look!


Be sure to come join us over on our boards!  We'd love to see you there playing along with our challenges!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Missy :)

11 comments :

  1. What a cool layout! Love the color shine on the paste and the vellum hearts are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent work! love the details and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout, love that paper you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love the color!!
    I got a couple more pages done for the 12 Days this week. Can't wait to post them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. o.m.g. You're so good! This page is amazing! I so respect your ability to create a good scrapbook page and incorporate your artistic touches seamlessly! WOW. It's ALL good on this one .... the Color Shine, the vellum hearts, the text background highlights the colors ... the way your clusters and embellies flow. I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Pinned this baby! It's too good not to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute page! I love the hearts against the bg paper. Love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that modeling paste and Color Shine looks fabulous! I like your style! Adorable layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and beautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete