Friday, December 6, 2013

Whooo's Cute?

The Glitz papers and die cuts from the new Finnley collection were just perfect for this page about my little guy in his owl hat .  Feathers=owls=perfect!

I love how the Glitz papers already look artsy...like I painted them!  But all I did was layer them and splatter a bit of white mist on the background.



There are a bunch of papers layered behind the photo, and some die cuts and stickers layered on top.  The largest feather is from the Finnley What Nots, and the smallest one is a wood veneer.  I inked it black and use a white pen for the spine.  The medium sized feather I simply cut free hand from paper and then used lots of little slits along the edges to create the feathery look.  I used a white pen down the middle of it, too!





I always try to balance my colors and elements on the page, so you will see the emerald green rhinestone in the top left, the same green "adorable" sticker on the photo, and the little green heart on the bottom right.


I added a bit of string behind the photo for some more texture and a little bit of machine stitching here and there.

Loving this collection and these papers!

-Audrey

4 comments :

  1. This collection was not one that I was drawn to when I first saw it. THAN I see your layout and now I really like it. I just love the layout that you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cutie! great collection, thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Love it! Love all your different feathers! Cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete