Saturday, May 3, 2014

Chase Me!

** Click HERE for the My Scraps and More NSD BLOG HOP!!**

Happy National Scrapbooking Day, friends!  Missy here. Don't forget about our Blog Hop going on this weekend to celebrate!  Click the link above, or scroll down to the previous post to start hopping.

Today,  I'm sharing a page that I created for our Sketchathon that lasted throughout April.  I used papers and goodies from Crate Paper and Studio Calico, which you can find in the My Scraps Store HERE.  I traced a lot of large circles and then smudged them up with gelatos.  If you haven't tried gelatos yet, they are so easy and fun!  Seriously...they're like little tubes of lipstick.  You just draw on the paper, squirt a little water on it, and smudge it with your finger.  Sometimes you don't even need water...all the gold smudges were done with no water and just my finger!

Purple is a color that is hard to scrap for most people...but the pictures had it, so I challenged myself to scrap them in color and make it work.  That purple sheet of paper is in the Lemon Lush collection from Studio Calico, and I used it for some subtle purple amidst all the blue and gold.  
 

I cut the word "chase" on my Cameo and colored it with gelatos.  I layered it high above my photo (which is raised with pop dots) with some cord under it.  It looks like it's floating!


More gold and layers...I added a bit of stamping as well.  Those cute plastic/acetate butterflies are from the Lemon Lush line.


I used a Tim Holtz stencil and some gold acrylic paint to add some splatter smudges here and there.  


I used a blue paint dauber to color this wooden piece and then went over it with gold glitter paint.  I also painted these arrows...they were left over from a piece I cut a while back with my Cameo.  You never know when those extra little leftovers will come in handy!
 

I sure hope you're able to get some scrapping in this weekend to celebrate our favorite day of the year!  Oh, wait...every day is a scrappy day in my house....haha!  :D

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

Missy :)

5 comments :

  1. Love all the layers on your layout! The blog hop was alot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. Love the "floating" title. I have just started with gelattos and love the look. Glad I got to see how you used them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The use of gelatos on your layout is outstanding! Loving all the mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you mix colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, love your layout! Colorful, layered, playful, whimsical . . . CUTE!

    ReplyDelete