Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween, My Scraps friends!  Missy here.  I hope you all have a fun weekend planned! 

Last week, I was lucky enough to be a Guest Designer on the American Crafts blog!  I thought I'd share with you my spooky creations since it's the perfect day for it :)  (Don't forget to check out the My Scraps STORE for all kinds of AC goodies!)

I knew I wanted to use this spider web die cut from the Silhouette store one of my layouts.  I decided to cut three in different sizes.  I used lots of different patterned papers for this and backed each opening with a different paper.  It took some time....not gonna lie....but I love the end result!  I also added some gesso and watercolor to my background.  This technique is really easy to do with any type of die cut.


Here's a close up of one of the webs.  This was really fun to create!


My next layout features my lovely little daughter, AKA The Hulk.  Haha!  If you know her, then you know this costume suits her perfectly.  I love how the bold orange and black background papers really allow the purple & green in the photos to pop.  I added some gesso to the background to make the black a little foggy here and there, and then I added some modeling paste through a stencil and added watercolor for interest.  I used a lot of stickers on this page.  They're so cute and fun!


I love tearing the edges of my patterned paper.  I just like the uneven look of it.  And for my "Hulk" cut, I combined a few letters from different fonts to create it.


I think I'm becoming more and more obsessed with die cuts these days!  This one is from The Cut Shoppe, which sells digital cut files.  I love the overlapped circles & hearts, and I knew it would make these sweet photos of Reese stand out.  I didn't want to make a scary page, so this helped sweeten it up!  I filled in a few of the circles and embellished with wood veneer, die cuts and stickers.  I did add some gesso and watercolor to my background (surprise...haha).  I also added lots of stitching.


Here you an see the paste and watercolor in the background.  These glitter Thickers are so pretty in person...very sparkly!  I adhered them to a light colored piece of patterned paper to make them stand out more.


I used some fun orange thread here and some black thread for around the edges.  And I added some orange ink to the edge of this round wood veneer...you can do a lot with those.


Here's the card I made.  I used different patterned papers and cut them into oblong triangles and stitched them down.  I added the full moon die cut and the fun Happy Halloween banner die cut.  And lots of stitching :)  I love how this turned out.


Lastly, I created a few home decor frames.  The stickers and tags are really easy to use for something like this.  These add a festive kick to any shelf during October, and you can easily do this with a Christmas line or Fall line...and change them out each season!  These are 5x7 frames, and it took me no time at all to embellish these.


These were really fun projects to make, and they really got me into the Halloween spirit!  I hope you get some scrappy time this weekend to create something fun!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

Missy :)

9 comments :

  1. WOW! The spider webs are AMAZING! Love everything that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously amazing projects, that spiderweb layout is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely FABulous projects, Missy! I saw the spiderweb one on the MME Blog and my jaw dropped - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your projects are outstanding, but I am really digging those spiderwebs with the patterned paper! Wowza! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Halloween projects. Love the spider webs.

    ReplyDelete