Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy mothers day!

Hello lovely friends!! I want to start by wishing everyone a beautiful mothers day.
I am sharing this layout I created of a special day we had last year at the California Museum of Natural History.
I fell in love with the new Treasure Map line by October Afternoon, but with three girly girls, I was a bit afraid to get all the fun embellishments, with no photos to coordinate. I was scrapbooking last week, when my daughter pulls this photo of us from that trip to show me. It was a traveling pirate exhibit, with real pirate treasures, and we of course needed to take the token family photo in all the pirate garb!!! And just like that a connection was made!

I wanted to play with the amazingly fun lines in the skull rock paper, and chose to highlight its fun pattern by fussy cutting a design from it and hand stitching a "string art" within it! I used two colors of string to help make the design pop.
I used the gorgeously colored journaling tabs in my cluster for my journaling. Seriously the tones in this selection of coordinating journaling are perfectly dreamy. I used circle spots from the sew fun banner tabs, such as this crazy fun skull and cross bones spot!

I LOVED the pirate boy flags in the banner pack, and was so excited to add the bright green color to my page with them! I also added a wooden triangle border sticker from the older public library line below my photo for just the right color contrast.
The coordinating letter stickers were perfect for my chosen title over my photo. I used them along with the American Craft Thickers from the Craft Market line.
I hope I could inspire you to play around with your patterned paper a bit. Fussy cutting and stitching over selected areas can create such a fun impact!!
I hope everyone has an amazing day of celebration and love!!!
                                                             Brianna

1 comment :