Friday, September 4, 2015

I Thank My Lucky Stars For You

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy here.  Today I'm sharing a layout I created a few weeks ago for a Saturday Scraplift Challenge over on our forums.  I lifted a layout by one of our awesome members, Petunia.  She used a starry celestial background similar to this, and her photo was centered with a curved title.  I was very much inspired to recreate her fabulous layout!

I started by creating my circular title in my Silhouette software.  I left the left side open and filled it with this awesome cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I added gold and yellow Color Shine to it before heat embossing it with gold powder to make it sparkly.  I used a few patterned papers to back my photo and then layered in some embellishments, including that (very old) chipboard star and adorable flair buttons.

This is the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection.


This chipboard star was so fun to jazz up!  I covered it with white gesso and then used gelatos to give it a multi-colored marbled look.  I added some gold Color Shine and then used a stamp and some embossing fluid with gold embossing powder.  I love the result!  I also used the punched out stars from the cut file here (colored with yellow paint and a pink gelato).


I outlined the bottom of the title with a gold metallic pen and did some machine stitching with gold thread.


Here's a close up of the gorgeous star cut file with all that gold powder...so beautiful!  I love the sparkle!  I layered this cute flair button here under my photo and nestled it in some pink tangled thread.


I also misted and heat embossed this die cut XOXO piece.  I wrote a bit of journaling with the gold pen and used some white ink to stamp the date.


I did film this, so if you'd like to watch how I put this page together you can check it out here.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful day!

Missy :)

1 comment :