Friday, November 13, 2015

Mama in the Middle

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy here again.  Today I'm sharing a layout I created for a Throwback Thursday Challenge over on the My Scraps & More boards last week.  The challenge was to use up some of your rub-ons stash.  I have been hoarding a few sheets of Crate Paper rub-ons, so I decided to use them.  Most of these are from the Kiss Kiss collection.

I used papers and embellishments from the Heidi Swapp September Skies collection, and I did a bit of mixed media work on the background.  I love that the rub-ons resist all the inks, sprays, gelatos and paints, so you really can't cover them up.


I did add white gesso to my background after adhering the patterned paper squares.  I then added the rub-ons and then came over everything with gelatos.  I used my water brush to smoosh all the color around instead of a paint brush.  I decided to name this "Mama in the Middle" since my mom is always in between my sister and me when we take selfies...haha :D  I combined a Cameo die cut with some Elle's Studio alpha stamps and my own handwriting.  The flair button is from my stash, and the "love us" speech bubble is from Evalicious.


I love these cute geometric heart rub-ons!  Although they are all from a Valentine's collection, they work perfectly for anything, I think.  I also added in some machine stitching.


It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to arrange my punched squares.  I finally decided on a vertical design.  I worked around that area once I stitched everything down.  These embellishments are from Heidi Swapp.


Here's one more look at the gelato work and layers.  I love using tissue paper under my photos :)


Here's a look at my process video for this layout if you're interested in seeing how this came together.  I hope you enjoy it!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

1 comment :